Choosing a school for your child is one of the most important decisions you will make for her. We want you to have the information you need to make the choice that is best for your family. We have included on this site the information that might be most helpful in determining if CMSAA could be a good choice for your child. But a visit to our school is the best way to experience who we are and what we can offer your child.
If you are interested in CMSAA and would like to learn more, we encourage you to call our Head of School, Tara Schmitt, and arrange your personal tour. You will have the opportunity to see our classrooms in action. Tours typically run for about 45 minutes and give you the chance to experience, not just read about, our method and philosophy. Tours can be scheduled most weekday mornings.
Applying to CMSAA
Our enrollment process is designed to help families detemine if CMSAA is the right fit for you and your child.
1. Prospective family tours the school and meets with the Head of School or a faculty member.
2. Application is submitted with a non-refundable $55 application fee.
3. Prospective student is invited to meet with the classroom teacher for an interview. Interviews at the younger levels provide a chance for the teacher to see how well a child separates from parents and settles into a new environment.
At the Elementary levels, interviews tend to be more formal and offer the prospective student and teacher a chance to get to know one another as well as provide the teacher the opportunity to assess in a general way where a student is academically. A teacher may ask to see a student’s former academic records at this point in the process. Prospective Elementary students who have met with a teacher may be asked to visit the classroom for a morning or full day to observe how the child interacts with the community of students.
4. Once the interview process is complete, if a prospective student is accepted, CMSAA will extend an offer of enrollment.
5. Parents complete and return an enrollment acceptance and registration paperwork is then forwarded to them.